Saturday, November 18, 2006

Day 14 & 15: Who's that man in orange?

Day 14 & 15: Folks we have landed safetly in the 'land of orange dressed men' , yes that is the land of buddhist monks....The Kingdom of Thailand. More than 90% of all Thai's are Buddhist and there are many Buddhist monks around. The kingdom it is as the first thing that I did notice when landing were signs on the outside of the airport reading 'Long Live the King'. This country definitely loves it's king as his picture is everywhere including monetary bills and coins.

I left the aiport and I headed to Bangkok to find a room. This country is definitely very tourism based as they even have english speaking movies when having dinner at one of the restaurants, they also have a Muslim Mosque room at the airport. I spend the night in Bangkok, things here are definitely cheaper as I got my hotel room for about $15 US. After being on the go for last three weeks, it does get a bit tiring....I definitely needed some beach time, so I headed for the beaches of southern Thailand. The first beach was in Krabi. The beaches are nice
and the people are very friendly. My hotel manager was kind enough to give me a ride on his scooter to meet my new American friends. Though a little scary as he didn't have a helmet for me to wear and wasn't too concerned.

Ended up meeting some northern californian's so ended up hanging out with them the rest of the day and that evening. Then I took a boat ride to Kho Phi Phi (pronounced Pee Pee). Got here today and was a little rainy so didn't get to see the extent of it's beauty. It is extremely tourist as they have currently have American music blaring from the bars, they even have a 7/11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home