Thursday, April 12, 2007

Day 15: Luang Prabang

Day 15: Today I woke up to a cold unfortuantely, so I ended up going to the waterfalls in the afternoon with the new group of friends I just met, plus Elizabeth my roommate. The waterfalls were nice and relaxig, we passed by a few vendors and I realized how laid back they were compared to any of the other places I have gone to in SouthEast Asia. People only ask you once if you want to buy something, they are not constantly harrassing you like they are in all the other South East Asian countries. Boy I thought this is one of most poorest countries and they are so laid back about things. It makes me not really even want to haggle with prices to much as they are so relaxed about it. That even if it is an overcharge by their standards it's not so much for the U.S and in my perspective it's a donation to these people. After we were dropped off from our tour we saw a girl selling doughnuts on the side of the street. She had the most delicious doughnuts, chocolate, vanilla, cocounut, bean paste, yummy yummy!

That night we ate at the night market, a vegetarian buffet all you can eat one time piling for $.50, we washed down our meal with some Beer Lao, which is actually quite lite, but it is pretty strong, it was good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home