Thursday, September 27, 2007

Day 149: Swaziland

Day 149: Swaziland
Today went to the cultural center and visited a Swazi village. The boys live together and the girls live together. The husband can have more wives and divorce is not allowed. They were dancing with feathers and anklets on their legs. Tried Swazi food which is similar to black South African. Got lost going back and met a Swazi family who were building a house in the area. The guy and his helper said they would give me a ride to my hostel as it was not safe to walk alone. We piled up into the truck. I noticed he brought a rope with him, but before I could make an excuse to get out we were already heading out. I decided to keep quiet and pray that nothing would happen to me. Thank god I got safely to my hostel! It’s very green in Swaziland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home