Thursday, April 12, 2007

Day 17 and 18: Luang Prabang

Day 17: Today was a slow day for my roommate Elizabeth and now as we had both come down with a cold. We got tickets for the Royal Ballet and then I walked around the market. Got a baguette sandwhich, which has cheese, chicken, pork, tofu, and some veggies. Strolled around the market and checked out there goodies. I was interested to find they have some Indian type food at the market as well. They have all different types of cakes that they sell. The Royal Ballet was interesting they performed the Ramayanan, which comes from Indian/Hindu mythology. It's interesting to see how alot of of the SouthEast Asian countries perform some kind of renactment of the Ramayanan or the Mahabarta.


Day 18: Today I had to book my flight from Luang Prabang to Ventiane. I went to a couple of the sales agents and they all directed me to Lao airlines, since if I went with them then they would have to charge me a surcharge. Boy I thought what nice people they are, not wanting to get money off of me. Laos are definitely the nicest group of SouthEast Asian I have met so far. I can see why alot of people like coming here as they are not constantly being hassled for money all the time. It's there New Year coming up and the kid are having fun splashing water at the people walking by. Luckily I haven't been bombed yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home