Thursday, April 19, 2007

Day 23: & 24 Vang Vien and Ventiane

Day 23: Today I went to the caves in Vang Vien. These caves were used by the Laos people when the US were bombing then, because they thought there were Viet Congs hiding their. These people lived in these caves for a couple of years. These caves were not nearly a sophificated as the tunnels in Vien Moc. Then went tubing in the caves, which was loads of fun! Then we went tubing on the main river and there were bars all along the waterfront, so people could simply get out of their tubes and get a drinks and some food. We stopped at one of them and they played music and the Laotian people were all dancing. Met an English couple with two girls 9 and 6 years old. They were traveling the world for 8 months. Those two little girls were the youngest world travels I had met and the oldest one at 9 years old was full of knowledge, she was explaining to me how the titonic plates in New Zealand worked. That night I had dinner with the Swedes. It was three Swedish girls all working in Norways. Apparently the economy in Norway is very good, that alot of people go to Norway to work, the Swedish girls believed it was due to the oil production in Norway. They all told me in Sweden you can drink when you are 18, but you cannot buy alcohol at the local liquor store till you are 20, go figure you can get serve at a bar, but can't go buy alocohol at the local liquor store. That night I was daring and I tried pumpkin and potatoe pizza and I must say it was quite tastey and good!


Day 24: Today I left to go back to Ventiane. Got back and had dinner with Gayda...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home