Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Day 114: Fethiye, Turkey

Day 114: Went to a carpet demonstation today. Saw how the famous Turkish carpets were made we got complimentary apple tea which is quite popular in Turkey and Raki (aka 'Lions milk', cuz it's suppose to make you roar when you drink it probably cuz of the tastey licorious taste it has), the national alcholic drink of turkey. It taste a bit like licorious. I was talking to one of the Turkish guys there who was actually Sudanese and he told me his grandfather was Indian. It's been interesting thru the middle east I have found a couple of people that have some relationship to India, in terms of a father or grandfather. We then headed for a dip in the water and then to a waterfall. It was quite relaxing. They had square sections in the water with tables and pillows above the water, it was quite nice to sit there. Met one of the girls on the tour that was from New Zealand. She told me she was on one of the soap operas in New Zealand she was quite young around 20. What struck me was here modesty when I asked how she liked the fame, she told me she just enjoyed being a celebrity among her family and friends. That night we went to Fethiye a town on the Meditteran Sea it was quite beautiful. Went to the local grocery store and I felt like I was in a candy store. When traveling you don't always have the joy of having big stores around that have a big selection of food.They have quite a few selection of cheeses they tastey alot like mozzarella cheese and some that were more saltier, tons of olives and nice hot peppers. They had different kinds of turkish delight, which is like a cube jelly bean with different flavors, quite sugary. I spent an hour just admiring the food and figuring out what I wanted to buy. They have their own version of nuttella called chocella.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home