Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Day 69 & 70: Farewell New Zealand..Hello Fiji

Day 69:
We left to go to Christchurch. Christchurch is flattered than other parts of the South Island. It is the most British looking city in New Zealand and is the biggest city in the South Island. I tried some lollycake, its malted cookies with hard marshmallows, it was very good, and it is unique to New Zealand. Once there I headed to the famous Christ Church, Avon River, and the Botanical Gardens. That night was my last night in New Zealand, I was ready to go as I was pretty tired from all the moving around to different hostels each night. I had dinner with some of my Stray tour mates and tried the Canterbury Draft which was pretty good. I found most of the local New Zealanders to be friendly, unfortunately, I didn’t quite find all the people in the tourist industry to be as friendly. It was a great trip!


Day 70:
Today I headed for Fiji. I met a northern Calif. couple flying from New Zealand to Fiji. When I arrived I only saw one military man with a machine gun, but there seem to be no problems with the country. Got to the hostel, I tried the famous kokoda, which was quite tasty it was a walu fish (local fish) with lime, chilli peppers in a coconut cream sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home