Monday, December 25, 2006

Day 48 & Day 49: Sydney...

Day 48: Today I started the day going to Bondi Beach. It was a nice sunny day and the beach has white sand with blue waters. You have to walk down some stairs from the street to get to the beach. I would say it has been one of the most beautiful beaches I have seen so far on my travels. I then headed to check out some of Australia's convict past at the Barracks. The Barracks is the place that was first used to house the convicts that were sent from the UK to Australia. I went to go buy a ticket to take a night cruise around the Sydney Harbor. I had a couple of hours to kill before the cruise so I decided to take in the harbor view with a minced pie and a Coopers beer. Minced pies are popular here and Coopers is one of the local beers here. The harbor was pretty warm, but quite windy, as I had finished my lunch/dinner I took out my ticket for the night cruise, it was so windy that my ticket flew into the water. Pretty upset at the fact that I had just spent $24AUD (~$20 US) on it and my ticket was now in the water, I walked up to the ticket counter as I walked up to the lady at the ticket counter, I was searching my purse for some proof of the purchase of my ticket. I told the lady at the the ticket counter I had taken out my ticket and being so windy it flew into the water, I even pointed to her where it was in the water. Not being able to find proof of purchase of my ticket and looking pretty upset at the fact that I had just lost my ticket, the lady at the counter told me to hold on, then she motioned she to go through a line that led to the ferry, she talked to a gentlemen who was monitoring the line to let me him. I thanked her profusely and she told me that I looked like I had an 'honest face'. Boy I thought what a nice gesture...

Day 49: Today I went to the 'Rocks' and across the Sydney Harbor Bridge to the North End. I would say the weather is similar to San Fran, but it's warmer here and less windy. The streets and buildings reminded me of Boston in the North End. It stays light till quite late, till about 8pm. Then I headed ot the zoo and saw Kokala bears and wallabies (small version of a kangaroo). Then headed to Darlington Harbour to take in the view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home