Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Day 29 & 30: Patan...

Day 29: Today my cousin Pinto, took me on his motorbike to see some places in town. Patan was an ancient Hindu capital. We went to go visit Rani-ki-Vav, which were rememants of a former bathroom of the Queen. It was amazing the amount of intricate detail and the different levels of floors that they had. That night I slept at my uncle's house, there were cots outside. It is common to have the whole family or parts of the family sleep on cots outside during the hot summer nights.

Day 30: Today I had lunch at my mothers sisters house, who we would call 'masi'. She lives in older house in Patan, she is about 70 and despite the fact that she is and house are old she does a great job in keeping the house clean and tidy. Then my cousin Alkesh took me to Ahmedabad. As we headed on the road I noticed an overloaded van with the back door open and men hanging out of it. I would later come to see the trains that are overpacked with people and the cities that are overcrowded. India is definitely an overpopulated country. You also see cows on the middle of the road as well and have to honk at them to have them move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home