Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Day 37 & 38: New Delhi...

Day 37: Today I went to city of 'Agra' in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Saw Akbar's tomb, Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. Akbar was one of the great Mughal emperors. The Taj Mahal was magnificent. It was built by Emperor Shah Jahan and dedicated it to his wife Mumtaz Mahal, who died while giving birth to their 14 child. Then headed to lunch and had some delicious Indian tikkia masla. Indian chicken in a rich gravy sauce, which represents the influence of the Mughals. Then went to the Agra Fort. The ride back to Delhi was a bit bumpy as I don't most Indian buses don't have suspensions, so don't sit in the back seat!

Day 38: Today I decided to relax and get my hair done as it was becoming very dry in the heat. I went to one of the beauty salons there and had an Indian woman do my hair, who looked more Asian. The secret to Indian woman's beautiful silky hair in this heat is doing hot oil treatment twice a week. I thought she was from Nepal, but she explained to me she was from the North East state called Manipuri that borders Burma. She explained to me that area many of the people there look more Asian than Indian and there food includes alot of noodles, similar to Burmese and Chinese food. Then headed to do some shopping in New Delhi in the hip area with my friend Laura I just met from Atlanta. We then headed to the Hari Krishna temple to have a buffet dinner. There were alot of colorful lights around the temple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home