Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Day 39 & 40: New Delhi...

Day 39: Today hung around Connaught Place where there are alot of modern shops. Then had dinner with Laura.

Day 40: Today I left to go to Mannali in the state of Himachal Pradesh. I was happy to take a break from Delhi. I boarded a volvo bus, which is a reclining seat. On the way up I met a nice Indian family with two little sons. The ride was pretty smooth except for the mountain curves. This was an overnight bus and the were going up into the moutains. I woke up at around 2:30am in the morning to swinging back and forth in my seat with the ride up the mountain. I don't know how the bus drivers keep the bus from falling down the mountain as most of the time there were no rails on the side of the road to safeguard the vechiles from falling down the side of the mountain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home