Thursday, September 27, 2007

Farewell to South Africa

Farewell to South Africa:
What can I say except simply shocking. I had no idea the extent of what the non whites in this country have gone thru. This country is truly a rainbow country, with all different races of people, but I guess with any rainbow you have a starting and an end point and in the end you can say we are all the same despite how we may look. As South Africa turns a page in history. I hope the black Africans can prove to the world they can maintain the power of a 1st world country, and show to the world they can keep/make it successful. They are the only 1st world country runned by blacks. Its amazing how fear can divide people, but I guess it’s our hope that keeps us live, and creates miracles, without hope we are simply nothing. With the US having segration, from what I understand not to the extend that the the South African did. I can only imagine how my father and mother felt when they came to the US in the early 1960's as they were judged solely on the color of their skin . South Africa is a country I have learned the most from. It will be interesting as we move towards the 21st century as one of candidates of the US is a black African, who knows maybe the US is ready for a black American or a female president, miracles do happen. Let's keep the hope alive....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home