Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Day 41 & 42: Manalli, Himachal Pradesh

Day 41: Manalli (in the state of Himachal Pradesh) is beautiful and lies up agains the beautiful Himalayas. It is very green with lots of pine trees, and the air is nice and clean. I thought my nice escape from the 'real India'.I decided to stay in Old Manali. It is pretty tourists here and they cater to westerns. There are alot of Isreals that are here from what I am told they are here due to the opium that many people smoke in the area. It is illegal, but I have been told alot of them come to smoke the opium.

Day 42: Today I rested and enjoyed most of the day watching the beautiful scenery. The weather was nice and cool. Many Indians come here for their honeymoon. The pine trees and the snow capped Himalaya moutains, the pretty waterfalls. I noticed there were some people that looked like they were from Central Asia. There clothes had more suble colors than the Indian clothes and they were lighter in complexion and small facial features. I also noticed alot of Tibetans and Nepalese. The Tibetans came due to the takeover of Tibet by the Chinese many fled to India in the Himachal Pradesh area. In particular Dharmasla, which is home to the exiled Dalai Lama. The Nepalese came for better opporuntity. It was hard for me to distinquish them as they look very Indian. Nepalese look a mix of mostly Indian and then some Asian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home