Thursday, May 24, 2007

Day 57: Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu

Day 57: Today I headed to take a bus from Chennai to Pondicherry, which use to be a former French colony. When I got to my hotel and walked around the streets I said 'holy cow I can't believe I am in India'. The streets were wide and with very few people, the buildings looked french with bright yellow and red colors. The names of the street were in French. I was so happy I could move around. After being in Chennai and other cities in India, it's hard to find personal space as the country is overpopulated. I realized how much I appreciate my personal space. Then I headed to Auroville, which is a colony based on people working together for a better community. That night I treated myself to a nice French meal at one of the French restaurants.

Day 58: Headed to Bangalore. When I got to the airport I realized how modern everything was and when I when to catch my prepaid taxi how orderly everything was. They even have pedesitrian walking lights I was in shock, I hadn't seen this in other parts of India. It's more or less you try and cross the street and hope to god no one hits you, it's usually in intervals. I even saw a 'Target' from the plane, this is definitely the most modern city I have been in India.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home