Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Day 43 & 44: Manalli..

Day 43: Today I did a tour up the Himalays and saw some more beautiful scenery and saw snow on the side of the moutain. We went to the Beas River. This is where Alexander the Great tried to conquer India, but decided to return his troops back to Greece. Met a nice Bengali family. Tried a traditional Manali meal. There bread was a little different the bread was more round and thick and resembled more of a bagel made of whole wheat flour. The eat alot of fish there, so I tried the fish curry.

Day 44: I shopped around Old Mannali. The people were very friendly. I guess you tend to get that more with villages vs. cities. The people here are definitely more relaxed and friendly than other parts of India I have been to. They don't try and push you into buying things. They may ask you once and that's about all. It was a nice break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home