Thursday, May 31, 2007

Day 58 & 59: Bangalore, Karnataka

Day 58: Headed to Bangalore, which is the capital of the state of Karnataka. When I got to the airport I realized how modern everything was and when I when to catch my prepaid taxi how orderly everything was. They even have pedesitrian walking lights I was in shock, I hadn't seen this in other parts of India. It's more or less you try and cross the street and hope to god no one hits you, it's usually in intervals. I even saw a 'Target' from the plane, this is definitely the most modern city I have been in India. Bangalore is the 'silicon valle of India', it is the major hub for IT centers and other companies. It's a nice change to be in somewhat familiar surroundings.

Day 59: Today I was able to meet my former co-worker Amit. We had lunch at a great North Indian restaurant, which was a nice change after having dosa's, idilis, and other rice based dishes in Tamil Nadu. The food in Kartnaka is very similar to the neighboring state of Tamil Nadu. Bangalore is very green with lots of trees and wide roads, somewhat similiar to the bay area and the climate is the best I have sampled so far, no humidity, which is very nice for a change!!!!!!!. It is a change from many of the other cities I have been to as I had not seen any beggars on the streets and the city is one of the cleanest I have seen. That night I took an overnight bus tour for Hampi, it is beginning of monsoon season and the streets were literally filled with water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home