Friday, June 15, 2007

Day 68 & 69: Mumbai....

Day 68: Arrived in Mumbai, which is the capital of Maharstra and is the city where the biggest film industry is, commonly known as 'Bollywood'. Mumbai was known as Bombay, but once the British left the Indians changed the name to it's orginial name which was Mumbai. Mumbai is actually not part of mainland Maharstra, but is an island off of the state of Maharstra. It reminds me of a cross between Chicago and New York City. Chicago in the way the city is by the water, it reminds me of 'Lake Shore' drive and New York City with the fast pace of life. I stayed in South Mumbai. Noticed they don't have rickshaw drivers in South Mumbai, they only have taxi's. South Mumbai is considered the posher part of town. That day took a tour of Elephanta Caves and met three young Indian men around 23. I hung out with them most of the day and had a great time telling them about life in America and they told me about life in India. I was very impressed by these three men as they were still young into drinking and smoking, but yet very mature when it came to knowing there priorities with family values.

Day 69: Did some shopping and met up with my uncles friends in the posh area of 'Candy Breach'. They lived in quite a grand flat and their neighbors consisted of some high profile celebrities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home