Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cuba...here I come

Well today, I am leaving for Cuba. Spent the night havnig dinner by myself at La Hibecula, great seafood and they complimented with a nice Mayan dance. I got the veracruz fish with capers, olives, and tomatoe sauce. It's been awhile, since I have had dinner my own, but it was nice to be a casual observer to the other tables at hand. I guess you could say you are never really alone, when you are around people even though you are not part of their party. Felt good to be back on my own traveling.There was a couple that both had a black and white shirts on, I guess people starting dressing the same after awhile. Also was nice to see *traditional Americans*, living in the Bay Area it's such an emphasis to be in fit. Here I saw some nice looking American men with woman that wern't in the best shape, but they looked happy.

I met a couple of nice guys while riding the bus over to the restaurant, both that helped with the nice driver, since I don't speak Spanish very well. One guy immediatly helped me when I got there, since I don't speak Spanish very well, loved it when a guy takes charge like that. Oh and met a guy from Montreal...told him how I went to Montreal a couple of years ago and got my rueben sandwich..FYI..the rueben is better at Ruby's, not Schwartz.

Off to Cuba today. My expectations...old cars, woman in curlers, stuck in time...all of what I got from my travel guide. It will be interseting to see how these people live with what they have. A country stuck in time, moving towards the 21st century, should make for a fascinating trip. With that say, bon voyage, till we speak again in Cuba!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Aisha said...

Ms. World Traveler!

What an experience of a lifetime! I hope that you have a wonderful trip, experiencing all the elements of Cuba!

Take Care,

Aisha

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home