Monday, October 22, 2007

Sat & Sun: Montreal, Canada

Sat & Sun: The hostel owner at the first place was from Tahiti, which makes sense as that was consider as Tahiti was part of French Polynesisa. Today was my officially first day in Montreal. I knew I was in a French province when the manager who was helping me with my computer access to the internet, he told me that my computer security might not be secure and that it is like making love without a condom. I just laughed typical French.

I got to my new hostel and went straight for one of the traditionally places to eat at Schwartz, where according to the receptionist guy is where most of the rock starts go. It is known for it's boiled Jewish Romanian beef. Got there and sat at the counter, met some locals. Met a couple of guys from Morroco, found out that the north and south part of Morocco were occupied by the French and the middle section was occupied by the Spanish. Some cool places to go are Marakesh and Fez. The beef sandwich was fantastic, it's boiled meat marnaded with seasoning and they usually serve it as a sandwich with mustard of course I had to have a nice pickle to go with it. They charge more if you sit down vs. taking the sandwich out, found out alot of other restaurants in Montreal do this. Then took a stroll to the park close by and the trees were beautiful in their bright yellows, oranges, and red. They had some musicians playing in the park.

Went out with my roommate Veronica to Rue Dennis to have a glass of beer. Veronica being from Germany told me that Germans when they start drinking drink beer with coke, so that's what ordered, I tried some and it wasn't bad. Saw a couple having beer with maple syrup. Interesting....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home